Screw banana bread. This is what I’m making from now on:
- One box of brownie mix
- One cup mashed banana
- One cup natural (unsweetened) smooth PB, room temp (soft)
- Mix up the brownies mix as per the box directions (I used the Dr. Oetkers stuff, which calls for two eggs and 1/4C melted butter).
- Add half the peanutbutter and the mashed bananas, blend thoroughly and put batter in to a buttered brownie pan.
- Melt the other half of the peanut butter (I did this in a metal measuring cup in the oven as it was preheating). Drizzle this melted PB over the top of the brownies and pull a butter knife through it to make a swirly marble effect.
- Bake per box directions, knowing that you may need an extra 5-10 minutes. Pull out when it seems solid and a toothpick comes out pretty clean.
These brownies are AMAZING. They’ll be a bit wetter/fudgier than straight up brownies, but it’s totally, totally worth it.