Based off of this chewy banana-PB cookie recipe.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 C flour (I used 1C whole wheat, 1C high-gluten bread flour, since that’s what we had)
- 1/2C choc chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and prep two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Mix all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix fully incorporated. Add more flour if it seems too wet.
- Roll into fairly large balls, place on the cookie sheet, and press flat with a fork.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly brown and the cookies don’t bend when you flip up a corner with a spatula. You want cookies SLIGHTLY underdone – then let them sit on the cookie sheet for another 5-10 mins to set before transferring to a cooling rack.